The average person spends a third of their lives in their beds. So why not make your bed the coziest, most comfortable place in your house. Start with a comfortable mattress and then you can go from there. Your bed should be your focal point. Think about what you see first when you enter your bedroom. Is it your bed? If so, dress it up so that your bedroom is the coziest place in your house.
Here are my top tips for making your bedroom the coziest place in your house.
1. Beautiful linens: Buy the best linens that you can afford. Look for a high thread count.
2. Layers: Layer your bed with quilts and throws. Add lots pillows to make your bed look warm and inviting.
3. Color: Choose a color scheme that is calming. Neutrals are a great choice for bedrooms. You can highlight with aquas, blues, greens, pinks.
4. Texture: Texture gives life to a space and adds dimension to a room. Texture can add warmth and glamour. You can add texture by adding baskets, flowers, and one of my favorites - ship-lap!
5. Fabric: Dress the windows with beautiful linens. Window treatments don't have to be fussy. Simple curtains can add color, texture and softness to a bedroom.
6. Artwork: Select artwork that speaks to you. Don't go overboard with pictures but pick pieces that inspire and delight you. Don't forget above the bed!
7. Accessories: Whether pieces you have collected over the years or some of your favorite things, make sure that everything in your space makes you smile.
8. Lighting: Layer the lighting throughout the room. Ambient lighting or general lighting will light the whole room but don't forget small lamps for subtle illumination.
9. Storage: Make sure you have a place to put your stuff. A vintage trunk at the end of the bed is a great place to store your treasures.
10. Seating: If your room is large enough, don't forget to add comfortable seating. Even a small chair and table are great. And don't forget a lamp!
I have put together a few pictures of some of my favorite bedrooms. I hope they inspire you.
Thanks for stopping by...
Until next time,