I'm happy to say that we've made most of our selections thanks to two wonderful kitchen designers, Thomas Phillips at The Home Depot in Johns Creek and designer April Hill with US Installation Group. Thomas and April made the whole process very easy.
Thomas helped with the design and explained all of our choices and made suggestions we hadn't thought of. He educated us in all our different cabinet and countertop choices. Thomas made suggestions that will actually expand our storage space. April came out to measure twice, once in the beginning and then after the design was created to make sure everything would work. There are still a few changes that have to be made but we are very excited about our decisions and can't wait to show you the final plan.
Now we wait for final pricing although we have gotten a ball park and I think we'll be ok. We've decided to let Home Depot (US Installation Group) do the install but the plan is still to have my son-in-law do the demolition.
Now for our choices...
2. We're keeping out existing brushed nickel knobs but will purchase matching pulls for the doors.
3. After bringing home lots of samples of both granite and quartz, we decided to go with Black Night Granite. Who knew there were so many different shades of black!
4. We can't wait to get our stainless steel undermount sink.
5.We still haven't decided on the backsplash but it's between white beadboard or white subway tile. Either way, my son-in-law will install after the kitchen install is complete.
6. We decided to add a stainless steel slide in range and a stainless steel microwave. Both are by Samsung. Know anyone interested in an almost new white Kenmore over the range microwave? We have one to sell! I also ordered a new stainless steel front panel and handle from Sears for our existing dishwasher. The refrigerator will remain white.
7. We're changing the wall color from yellow to a medium beige (Behr Ranch House) for a more grown up look!
8. 24" stools for the new bar. I found this one on Amazon.com.
9. We're going to paint the back wall with chalkboard paint. Rust-Oleum makes one. Can't wait!
Next time, I hope to have all decisions made as well as our time line to share with you. And of course lots of pictures!
Thanks for stopping by...