The new kitchen has been ordered! April Hill with US Installation Group came out a second time and checked the plan and a few changes were made. Nothing major. Thanks to Thomas Phillips at The Home Depot in Johns Creek making the final choices was easy. One of the decisions that was made was to bring out the cabinet that sits over the refrigerator giving it a more built in look.
The biggest difference is that the garbage cabinet was moved to the left of the sink and the sink was moved slightly more towards the center of the peninsula. I think I like this look better!
Here is our final plan...
Here are our final choices...
2. Satin nickel pulls from Home Depot to match existing knobs. They come in two sizes. Since I'm not sure what size, I bought both the small and large. I always do better with a visual.
3. Black Night Granite from the Home Depot. This is a beautiful black granite that we stumbled on accidentally at a different Home Depot. It must be in limited supply or special order since they didn't have it on the list. But it is available and in budget!
4. Undermount stainless steel double sink by Revere from the Home Depot. The biggest decision was whether we would do the smaller side on the left or the right. I chose the left.
5. We still undecided on the backsplash. Since my son-in-law is installing, we'll wait until the kitchen is installed.
6. New stainless steel microwave and range by Samsung.
7. New wall color
8. 24" stools for the new bar from Amazon.com.
9. Chalkboard wall - more on this later.
We cannot wait to get started. Here is our timeline...
Cabinets should be here in about 4 weeks. Once cabinets arrive, installation is set up (usually within 10 days). As soon as cabinets are in the granite people come out to create a template. Then we wait hopefully not more than 2 weeks.
We decided to have the sink temporarily hooked up while we wait for the new countertop so we will have a make-ship kitchen of sorts. Don't worry I'll share our experiences and lots of pictures.
And how did we do as to budget? Well I'm happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the final price and we should come in at or slightly under budget!
I look forward to sharing the experience with you!
Thanks for stopping by...