We hear a lot about simplifying our lives these days. Simplifying has many rewards but the main reward is that it allows us to focus on things that matter the most. Simplifying can make you happier and can actually help you take control of your life.
Here are my top ten ways to simplify my life.
1. Prioritize. Identify what is most important to you and concentrate on doing these things.
2. Check your finances. Live within your means. Pay off your debt. Think before buying.
3. Simplify your wardrobe. If you are like me you end up wearing the same things over and over. That means a lot of space is taken up in your closet by things you don't need. Clear out by giving away (donate or consign).
4. Rethink your meals. Can you simplify what you eat? Make it easy on yourself. Less to buy and less to clean up.
5. Simplify your work schedule. Can you work from home? Telecommute? If you are fortunate to work from home, make the most of it. Whatever you do, work smarter, not harder.
6. Declutter. This goes beyond the wardrobe. Do you have kitchen items you don't use? What about your mail? Go paperless if you can. Less junk coming in means less going out.
7. Organize your space. Easier said than done but the more organized you are, the less time that you waste looking for your things.
8. Turn off notifications. Do you really need to be notified every time someone posts something on Fb and every time you get an email?
9. Turn off your cell phone. Decide on a time that works for you and shut it off. People can still leave you a message. You don't have to be connected 24/7.
10. Set realistic expectations. Don't expect all these changes to be easy. Take one at a time and see if it works for you. When you master one, move on to the next.
What are your suggestions for simplifying your life? I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by.
Until next time...